Strategic Business Planning Officer
- Strategy & Planning
We are seeking a Strategic Business Planning Officer to work for a local government organisation on a 3 months contract (with a possible extension to 6 months). You will undertake the development and implementation of business planning to support connection to purpose and alignment with Council strategy. Play a key support role in service planning and review to ensure all Council’s services are sustainable and effective in meeting community needs.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Coach teams and build capability to embed good strategic planning practices.
- Deliver the Business Planning process through the application of sound project management, change management and engagement approaches
- Design and deliver workshops and engagement mechanisms to support Business and Service Planning.
- Identify opportunities and understand needs that influence the application and need to do service planning and service review.
- Monitor industry trends and changes in regard to local government service delivery to identify opportunities for service planning and review.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate tools, systems and processes to support business planning, service planning and service review.
- Monitor performance against objectives and manage project risks and issues
An ideal candidate would need to have the understanding of;
- Occupational Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Risk Management – policy and procedures
- Accountability and Extent of Authority
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Management Skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in service planning and review
- Demonstrated facilitation skills across a wide range of groups and levels within organisations.
- Proven experience appropriate to key responsibility areas
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children Check
This is a great opportunity to work for a distinguished client and to take your career to the next level.
Please submit your resume by pressing the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you have any questions once this is done, please contact Alex on the details below.
At Quest Personnel, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities for all and embracing diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage jobseekers from any background to apply for our positions.
0493 050 556