- Tier 1 Civil Contractor
- 6 month part time role (3-5 days per week)
- Potential for permanency
- ASAP Start
- $29.54ph + super
About the Role:
Our client are Australia’s leading civil contractor who are currently conducting maintenance repairs at the Annesley Bowral Retirement Village. They now have an opportunity for a Maintenance Officer to come in and assist on a part time basis on a 6 month term of engagement with potential to become a permanent employee upon completion.
In this role you will be working 3-5 days per week, and will be responsible for delivering general maintenance and repairs of buildings, fixtures and fittings, facilities and associated structures in accordance with the Village Maintenance Plan. This role may be combined with other responsibilities as required. The Maintenance Officer will need to be personable, approachable, a team player and have the patience to interact with residents.
The Maintenance Officer is responsible for making decisions in relation to maintenance activity in consultation with the Village Manager and the below duties:
- Safety must always be the first consideration
- Ensure maintenance and repairs of common property, painting, lighting maintenance, checking and maintaining air-conditioning, tiling, basic plumbing, pool maintenance and general repairs)
- Ensure planned maintenance of Village assets are conducted in accordance with the Maintenance Plan and legislative requirements
- Undertake reactive maintenance on Village assets as requested.
- Support residents with maintenance in their home in line with procedures
- Ensure that all maintenance activity is conducted to desired standards
- Escalate maintenance issues to the Village Manager as appropriate
- Ensure all maintenance activity complies with relevant legislation and trade qualifications
- Use preferred suppliers where relevant and ensure all works are conducted to the GMRs and EHS requirements within budget.
You will be an experienced Maintenance Officer with strong experience working in a similar role.
The successful applicant must be willing to complete a Police Check, Medical and provide evidence of a flu shot received. If candidate does not have a flu shot, they will need to be prepared to receive one.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- Current Apply First Aid (HLFTA311A – National Standard)
- Automated External Defibrillation (HLTCPR2018) (AED)
- Current and valid Australian Police Check
- Trade Certificate or Certificates (desirable for a Maintenance Officer)
- Appropriate Australian Drivers Licence .
- Demonstrated competence as a tradesperson and experience in a similar role
- Broad understanding of the legislation, regulations and requirements, and issues affecting Retirement Villages
- Highly organised and able to effectively manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Highly motivated and able to take initiative
- Computer literate
- EHS understanding of management and coordinator experience
Please submit your resume by pressing the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you have any questions are this is done, please contact Jack on the details down below.
0473 003 265