Key Account Manager – Freight Forwarding
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
- Strong brand with impressive client base
- Fast growing business
- Tier 1 customers and an established client base
About the Client
Our client is a well known freight forwarder based in Port Melbourne with a strong brand and industry presence. They service a range of Tier 1 customers in what is a well established and highly lucrative portfolio.
Based in terrific offices in a fantastic Port Melbourne location, you will be part of a medium sized team working with a fun and laid back team of professionals from the forwarding industry with decades of experience.
About the Role
This role will focus on retaining a lucrative portfoilio of tier 1 customers, nurturing key relationships over time and etablishing yourself as a strategic partner and advisor to your nominated customer base and developing each account.
Your role will be one of senior standing in the company and you will be directly responsible for driving primary revenue growth through superior service quality and advisory.
Your duties will include:
- Developing trust/relationships with a portfolio of major clients
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Expanding relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Drive customer onboarding, point of escalation for Customer Service Representatives and issue resolution
- Collaboration with key external stakeholders to resolve customer issues
- Design and implement strategies for growth and protection of specified key account customers
- Provide quarterly KPI reports outlining current growth and capacity
- Promoting existing and new products/services
- Identify and implement value added services
- Monitor service levels
- Develop new sales opportunities from existing customer base
The successful candidate will possess:
- Freight Forwarding background in Key Account Management
- CW1 experience
- Strong business acumen and relationship building skills
0480 354 711