Home Maintenance Officer – ASAP Start – 3 Month Contract
- Dandenong, Melbourne, Australia
- Trade and Services
- Dandenong location
- ASAP start – 3 month contract
- 38 hours per week, 8:00am – 4:30pm
About the Role
We are seeking a Home Maintenance Officer to work for a local government on a part-time 7 week contract. You will be supporting Community Care clients to maintain their safety and independence at home and in the community.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a qualified maintenance person to work for the City of Greater Dandenong council on an exciting 3 month contract.
- Undertake tasks such as (but not limited to) the following minor home maintenance tasks: installing safety rails, fitting locks, banister rails, step extensions, handles & catches, cleaning spouting and windows, repairing of furniture, replacing light globes and smoke detector batteries, heavy duty cleaning, gardening jobs (safety related)
- Selection and purchasing of materials as requested by the client
- Selection and purchasing of equipment needed by the client in accordance with professional specifications
- Providing written quotes as required
- Assess and evaluate work tasks for each rostered job
It is essential you have
- Current First Aid Level 2
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Current Working With Children’s Check
We are also looking for candidates with the following
- Completion of TAFE accredited/industry based training courses and/or relevant competencies and skills required to satisfactorily undertake the range of tasks required of the position.
- A demonstrated ability to carry out a very high standard of work in a range of home maintenance tasks
- An ability to communicate effectively with the aged and/or people with a disability
This is a great opportunity to work for a distinguished client and to take your career to the next level.
At Quest Personnel, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities for all and embracing diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage jobseekers from any background to apply for our positions.
To apply, hit the ‘apply for this role’ button on seek and contact Alex on 0436 294 882 more information