Family Support Worker
- Community Services & Development
We are seeking a Family Support Worker to work for a local government organisation on a part-time 6 weeks contract. You will be providing different ranges of support to vulnerable families referred from Child FIRST to help ensure they are meeting the expected service standards.
About the Role
- 6 weeks contract starting 31st August to 14th October 2021
- 9AM-5PM Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday working week
- Carry a client caseload referred from Child First and the community
- Provide support to families while adhering to the relevant standards
- Carry out in-home support to families and helping implement initiatives to aid family knowledge and development
- Complete Best Interest Assessments
- Upload documents/records onto IRIS
- Have regular contact with internal and external stakeholders (such as DHHS, Child FIRST, and other service providers)
- Ensuring confidentiality is met and in line with DHHS guidelines
- Help the development of strategic projects to assist vulnerable families
- Providing families with a high-level support program
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work OR an equivalent social science
- Experience working within community work, protective services is preferred
- Previous experience with working within a local government is preferred
- First Aid Certificate
- Victoria Driver’s License
- Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Manual Handling Certificate
This is a great opportunity to work for a distinguished client and to take your career to the next level.
Send your resume by pressing the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you have any questions once this is done, please contact Alex on the details listed below.
At Quest Personnel, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities for all and embracing diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage jobseekers from any background to apply for our positions.
0493 050 556