- Belmore, Sydney, Australia
- Building and Construction
- One of NSW’s leading civil construction firms
- Great company culture
- Permanent full-time role
About the Role
Our client is a terrific Australian-owned, family-run construction and engineering company specialising in the delivery of complex infrastructure. They have experienced tremendous growth, and as a result are now looking to take on an experienced Environmental Manager to join their growing team and assist on several key projects across their business.
Previous experience managing environment and sustainability in a multidiscipline civil infrastructure and working for or dealing with TfNSW are both ESSENTIAL for this position.
As an Environmental Manager, you will provide strategic and operational support, advice and leadership to Senior management to support the achievement of business objectives through the effective management of environmental risks.
Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with HR to ensure coordinated and effective development of environmental skills, competencies and behaviors occurs on all projects
- Implement environmental & sustainability strategy to support project-level implementation
- Manage internal and external audit operations to ensure compliance with industry / client accreditation requirements
- Ensure Environmental Management System exceeds legal compliance requirements, manages risks and represents best practice standards.
- Prepare Project Sustainability, and environmental management Plans across all projects and ensure implementation at site level
- Ensure environmental programs, initiatives and innovations are effectively communicated and promoted to strengthen the culture with the business
You will be a highly experienced Project Manager with proven reliability and experience in previous positions.
The Successful candidate will possess:
- Relevant qualifications in Environmental Engineering or equivalent
- Significant experience in managing environment in a multidiscipline civil infrastructure
- Experience working on large infrastructure or similar complex project environment preferred for, and dealing with TfNSW desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in environmental management
APPLY NOW via SEEK, and for more information contact Jack Coleman on 0473 003 265