Cyber Security Support
- Information TechnologySecurity
Our client is a large government organisation, who are seeking an experienced Cyber Security Specialist, the role works closely across all functions within the Cyber Security Centre.
You will work with our client and other agencies to establish and operate a technical cyber security and risk-management capability in line with the Australian Government Security Frameworks and associated legislation. You will also work with Senior Cyber engineers on multi-cloud cyber security, assisting with all facets of the security lifecycle.
This role will provide support to a team of Cyber Security Specialist to ensure our client has the capability to deploy and manage cyber-resilient information technology platforms to support our strategic objectives.
The primary duties and demonstrated experience of the Cyber Security Support will include the following:
- Provision of compliance and risk-based advice for system owners throughout the design-build-operate lifecycle of information technology systems.
- Assisting Senior Cyber engineers with ICT infrastructure security.
- Development of security policies, process and procedures.
- Continuous monitoring to detect anomalous or suspicious events and documentation of cyber incident response playbooks.
- Investigate potential security incidents and create post-incident reports.
- Assemble and analyse a diverse collection of datasets.
- Vulnerability management and remediation planning.
- Develop, maintain and deliver cyber awareness material.
- Must hold or be able to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1) security clearance conducted by the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA).
Duties and responsibilities within this role will include but not be limited to:
- monitoring and distributing cyber security policy updates, advice, interpretation and guidance;
- managing and maintaining a database of stakeholder engagement and formal direction to ensure consistent policy advice;
- coordinating cyber security request for information internally and externally;
- monitoring policy and process for compliance with federal government, Australian and International Standards, and alerting non-compliance to the relevant authorities;
- responding to ICT Security Office RFIs to ensure appropriate responsiveness is being provided;
- liaising with other Government Departments and/or Service for developing Joint Policy;
- supporting the development of cyber security policy/direction to support the relevant department’s operations;
- providing risk assessments on noncompliance, in response to threats or operational requirements;
- engaging with relevant stakeholders, identifying any gaps, risks, or issues;
- provide specialist advice to Working groups and senior committees;
- managing obstacles that will impede on the deliverables being successfully executed;
- successfully collaborating with federal government contractors; and
- other minor tasks as specified.
- Experience in Australian Government ICT and/or cyber security, or ten years’ experience within cyber security in a regulated industry;
- IRAP, CISM, CISP or equivalent qualification/experience;
- Possess high-level knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications;
- Knowledge of Defence and relevant ICT environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in ICT Security / Cyber Security policy development is preferred.
- Ability to self-manage your hours to ensure contractual obligations are being met and to advise the Project Manager of contractual risks.
- Operate in a flexible and agile way in support of a dynamic work area.
- Capable and comfortable working remotely and off-site.
It is essential that candidates are Australian citizens and already possess a minimum NV2 security clearance.
Note – Need only Australian Permanent resident or Citizens.
This is a 12 months contract to start with a strong possible extension.
0437 464 552