Our client is a high profile privately owned Construction business, recognised as a leader in the building industry.
Members of their team experience great job satisfaction and we are replacing a team member who has spent 30 years with the company
About the Role
The Asset Manager is a pivotal role responsible for the day to day running and co-ordination of all operational aspects of the Organisation’s property portfolio.
You will be responsible for implementing and delivering projects that support the organisations strategic goals and managing relationships with key stakeholders.
As the successful applicant, you will have excellent knowledge of compliance, proven experience in developing property assets and strategies in line with organisation plans and goals.
The role reports to the Director and will take responsibility and travel to various sites in the Geelong area.
- Ensure effective management and maintenance of the property portfolio, warehousing and equipment.
- Develop, implement, and review asset management plans.
- Monthly accountability of operating expense (OPEX) and capital expenditure (CAPEX) budgets and oversight of spending.
- Implement asset enhancement initiatives and oversee delivery of CAPEX projects.
- Engage and procure maintenance services including preparation of scope and tender documentation and assessment of contractor submissions.
- Maintain supplier and vendor performance regarding quality and cost across the portfolio.
- Prepare a planned maintenance schedule and planned maintenance budget on an annual basis across all property, vehicles, and equipment.
- Prepare, and review the maintenance strategy for each facility on at least an annual basis, taking into account commercial, social, and environmental influences.
- Ensure compliance with the Organisation’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate the management and review of multiple warehouse sites
- Essential service management
- Inspection and repair of site issues
- Management and assessment of emergency call out and repair/ safety inspections
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, OHS, building code, Covid etc
- Project management, from little repair jobs to whole constructions
- Building a relationship with tenants and contractors
- Preparing quotes/costings and management of tenant building works
- Reporting to management on key issues, budgets and timelines
Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Building and Facility Management or Trade qualified with proven professional experience in facility and asset management essential. Current unrestricted driver’s licence. Required to provide a satisfactory National Police Check and NDIS Worker Screening/Working with Vulnerable People check (WWVP). Provision of a satisfactory Employment Medical Report. Completion of Covid Vaccinations.
Here are some of the strengths you’ll possess and the background you’ll need to be successful.
- Previous experience in a similar role within facilities management preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and aptitude in both mechanical and building skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and develop workload independently.
- Great communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. Intermediate IT skills including Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
Please submit your resume by pressing the ‘Apply Now’ button, if you have any questions once this done please contact Lorraine Tribe on the details below.
0418 361 121