Senior Stormwater Engineer
- Local council role
- 12 month contract
- Leadership role
About the Role
Our client is a well known council in Western Sydney. They are seeking an experienced Stormwater and Floodplain engineer to lead a team and providing support to the council on a 12 month contract basis. This is a full time hours contract working Monday-Friday 37.5hrs per week based at the council’s head office. You will be leading a team of engineers and will have full responsibility for budget management, team development and liaising with key stakeholders.
Your duties will include:
- Lead and coordinate the Floodplain and Stormwater team,
- Ensure all civil designs are in accordance with professional engineering standards
- Lead and prepare technical floodplain and stormwater policy documents
- Prepare research, strategic plans and provide technical expertise to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and manage monitoring and reporting systems for the team inclusive of Asset Design’s Quality Assurance Management System
- Manage overall team financial budgets.
You will be an experienced Stormwater Engineer with experience leading a team in a similar role, ideally within a government role or similar.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience in floodplain and stormwater (drainage) management
- Experience in leading and managing design teams
- Experience in GIS packages such as AutoCAD, 12D and water engineering applications such as DRAINS, HEC-RAS, XP-RAFTS, MIKE II, TUFLOW, WateRIDE and MUSIC
- Available to commence early August 2021 on a 12 month contract
0480 354 711