Policy and Governance Officer – 3 month Contract
- Narre Warren, Melbourne, Australia
About the Role
We are seeking a Policy and Governance Officer to work for a local government organisation on a 3 months contract (with a possible extension).
You will ensure accurate and compliant meeting records and registers are maintained, as required by legislation. You will also support the practice of good governance by leading the development, monitoring, implementation improvement and education of governance policies and compliance initiatives.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Provide administrative support including but not limited to coordination and preparation of Council and Council Forum meeting documentation, preparation of reporting and Councillor support as necessary.
- Maintain Governance schedules and registers in accordance with legislative requirements and take responsibility for public notices and web and intranet content on behalf of the department Governance.
- Provide technical support as appropriate in the use of agenda and minute software.
- Ensure project objectives are met by anticipating and managing potential and emerging issues.
- Influence events, promote ideas and keep abreast of new ideas, thinking and products.
An ideal candidate would need to have an understanding of;
Occupational Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Risk Management – policy and procedures
- Accountability and Extent of Authority
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Management Skills
Qualifications and Experience:
Completion of secondary education plus:
- a degree or diploma with little relevant work experience; or
- lesser qualifications with relevant work skills; or
- relevant experience and work skills commensurate with the requirements of the position.
- National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated ability to prepare council/board business papers, agendas and to take minutes in “real time”
- Demonstrated ability to promote and deliver training relevant to governance/compliance procedures and policies
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and proactively respond to legislative requirements
- Understanding of working in an agile and collaborative working environment
To apply, hit the ‘apply for this role’ button on seek and contact Alex on 0436 294 882 for more information
At Quest Personnel, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities for all and embracing diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage jobseekers from any background to apply for our positions.