Machine Operators – Extruder
- Smithfield, Sydney, Australia
- Manufacturing and Production
About the Role
Our client is one of Australia’s largest privately owned manufacturing and logistics businesses. They are seeking enthusiastic, keen and eager individuals with prior experience as an Extrusion Operator.
These positions are on a rotating roster.
Key responsibilities include:
- Adhere to Work Health and Safety requirements
- Operate and maintain the extruder equipment
- Ensure extrusion line runs to current settings and procedures
- Make adjustments to ensure production targets are obtained and efficiency is improved
- Safe operation of equipment
- General cleaning and machine maintenance
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOP)
Skills, knowledge and experience requirements:
- plastics extrusion experience in PET / HDPE (or other polymers) highly regarded
- Understanding of WHS practices
- Knowledge of quality control
- Capable of identifying and resolving production line problems in a timely manner
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Punctuality, reliability and honesty is a must
- mechanical and process aptitude and ability to troubleshoot
APPLY NOW or call Gail on 0473 001 778 for more information.