Desktop Building Assessor/Estimator – Insurance
- Cardiff, Lake Macquarie, Australia
- Building and Construction
- Permanent full-time position
- Attractive salary package
- ASAP start available
- Office based role
About the Role
Our client are a well-known Newcastle based building and construction services enterprise delviering exceptional service to complete works on various properties throughout Australia. Due to a period of recent growth they are now looking to take on a highly experienced In-House Building Assessor/Estimator based in Cardiff, Newcastle.
Candidates for this position MUST be trade qualified in Building or Carpentry, coupled with experience in the insurance industry. Previous demonstrated experience with scoping and report writing is essential.
Reporting to the National Supplier Performance & Procurement Manager you will be responsible for preparing/reviewing scopes, site reports, and quotations. Also conducting virtual assessments where required and occasional travel to conduct on site assessments and reports, especially around weather events. You will also ensure each scope and jobs are completed to a high standard whilst providing the highest level of customer service. You will be required to travel (including interstate) from time to time and also be part of an on-call roster (one a week, every 5-6 months).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review prices and quotes against internal guidelines
- Liaising with Insurance Companies and clients to resolve issues to keep repair work on schedule
- Sourcing prices or information on products or services
- Research data and produce reports to support or refute construction rectification issues
- Review technical information such as engineering reports and entering relevant information into the system
- Analyse technical reports and build a supporting case
- Identify difference between insurance related damage and maintenance
- Create detailed and accurate assessment reports, scopes of works and quotes on covered damage
- Review rectifications on repair jobs and liaise with trades to have rectification works completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all work conforms to legislative and contractual OH&S requirements
You will be a highly experienced Building Assessor/Estimator who is a self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude and enjoys working autonomously.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Neat and tidy and professional presentation
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Be familiar with OHS practices, legislation and regulations
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated
- An eye for detail and quality
- Willingness to work with the team and constantly improve performance
- A positive “can do” work ethic and willingness to work flexible hours and change routine from time to time
- Computer literate with knowledge in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Current and valid driver’s license with clean driving record
APPLY NOW via SEEK, and for more information contact Jack Coleman on 0473 003 265.