Category Specialist – Building
- Cardiff, Lake Macquarie, Australia
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Permanent full-time position
- Attractive salary package
- ASAP start available
- Office based role
About the Role
Our client are a well-known Newcastle based building and construction services enterprise delviering exceptional service to complete works on various properties throughout Australia. Due to a period of recent growth they are now looking to take on a highly experienced Category Specialist based in Cardiff, Newcastle.
Candidates for this position MUST have strong experience in a Category Specialist role, coupled with experience in the building industry.
As a Category Specialist you will report to the National Supplier & Performance Manager. You will be responsible for the planning, supplier performance analysis and procurement within the trade network.
Key responsibilties will include:
- Oversee the trade network to ensure our trade partners deliver quality repairs
- Ensure trade panel provides sufficient coverage nationally to fully service our clients
- Create and analyse reporting working in with the National Supplier Performance Manager striving for constant improvement, unlocking performance to decrease average repair costs
- Work collaboratively within the Trade Team and table any innovations that may lead to improved efficiencies
- Utilise and share your building knowledge and experience across our teams driving improvements across KBA Insurance Repairs and our trade panel
- Support the implementation of strategic and operational goals and budget plans for KBA Insurance Repairs
- Collaborate with the National Supplier Performance Manager to develop, execute, and maintain a detailed strategy capable of delivering best value in quality, delivery, cost and safety
- Demonstrated commercial insights and experience with contracts and supplier negotiations
You will be a highly experienced Category Specialist with strong experience in a similar role, coupled with previous experience in the Building Industry.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years’ experience in Category Specialist role or similar
- Experience within the building industry preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated procurement experience to drive and deliver best value for money results
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and experience with contracts and supplier negotiations
- Fast-paced operator with a very strong sense of urgency
- Very high attention to detail with strong work ethic
- Solid understanding of safety requirements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A team player with a strong customer focused attitude and drive to achieve our goals
APPLY NOW via SEEK, and for more information contact Jack Coleman on 0473 003 265.